It is with great pleasure that I release the first Singularity version in the 2.x series. There are massive amounts of new features, but here are a few of the high level “at a glance” features:
- Support for non-root container contexts (user outside container, is same user inside container)
- Support of “live” container sparse image files
- Utilizing the operating system’s build and dependency resolution subsystems (e.g. YUM, Apt, etc.)
- Support for Open MPI 2.1 (pre-release)
- Updates for usage with non-local file systems
- Performance optimizations
- Support for native X11
Among LOTS more!!!
Check out this version of Singularity, and let us know how it works for you!